Protect Your Home Against This Silent Killer!December 9, 2016
Do you have natural gas or LPG (liquid petroleum gas) appliances in your home? If so, you need to be aware of the danger of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. This is a silent but potentially deadly substance produced when the gas is not being burned completely.
Tell-tale warning signs to look for in your appliances:
- If the flame on your cooker is lazy, yellow or orange, not bright blue, best get your cooker checked by a Gas Safe registered professional
- Dark staining on or around your appliances
- Pilot lights that frequently blow out
You might be less likely to spot the physical symptoms in yourself, your family or pets. The graphic above shows what they are, and of course there are other plenty of other things that may cause these ill-effects.
For peace of mind, you can also fit a reliable Carbon Monoxide Alarm. At TBS we sell a compact, lightweight, battery-powered detector, the Kidde Home Safety Pack, that continuously monitors CO levels in your home. It comes in a Home Safety Pack, together with a battery-powered smoke alarm that uses ionisation sensors to detect a fire in even the fastest-burning materials.
For a safe home for the kiddies, then, get a Kidde! (no kidding).